Back refreshed for 2012
Kew’s first market of 2012 is on Sunday 5th February between 10am and 2pm. Again there will be some two dozen stalls.
This month we have new stalls from:
- Winterbourne Game – ready to eat Game from their shoot in Dorset. The venison comes from carefully managed wild stock on their land, with 100 per cent traceability of all products.
- Love By Cake – a selection of small French style patisserie cakes from a local pastry chef
- Neil Williams Photography – according to Neil: “A good picture can be like a stage waiting for something to happen. Silent. Balanced. Something for your mind to wander into.”
- Charlie Bale Textiles – offering local handmade textile goods, cushions, toys, lavender bags. Everything sold is handmade which makes each item unique.
- Ella Rose Design – has a range of cushions for the home handmade locally. Each item is considered individually to the very last detail.
- And back by popular demand is Gallery 66 whose inspiration for their jewellery comes from the organic forms, textures and shapes that occur in mother nature, that, when transferred to silver dazzle and shimmer to stunning effect.
Most of the people who have had stalls there previously will be there, so you can buy your meat from Noggin or C & S Stileman, old-fashioned sweets from Belles Bonbons, cakes from Sugar Maddy Cakes, snacks from Curry Gardens and ready-to-eat items from A Cena, Butler’s Kitchens and Maids of Honour.
Incidentally if you fancy having a stall you can complete an application on the website. The Market is very keen to encourage local companies or people starting up in business. So if you think you fit the ethos of the Market why not get in touch (www.kewvillagemarket.org).
One thing we’ll be doing in 2012 is running related events. When the weather improves, for example, we hope to organise a series of cookery demonstrations. We also want to encourage local musicians. So this month we have pleased that there will be a choir of children from Queen’s School. They proved to be very popular when they appeared in December. If you’d like to perform at a future market please get in contact.
The Market takes place on the First Sunday of the month between 10am and 2pm. We look forward to seeing there.
Dates for the first half of 2012 are
5 February, 4 March, 1 April, 6 May and 1 June.